Take a break and digitally detox!
As we draw closer to the end of 2022 it’s important to take a step back from social media to self-reflect and get out of the hamster wheel of constantly posting, watching and creating content for social media. If the thought of missing one notification makes you anxious or nervous, it might be time for a digital detox. A digital detox is a period wherein a person refrains from using electronic devices such as computers and smartphones. This provides an individual with the opportunity to focus on real-time social interaction and reduce stress. Sometimes you need to take a break to be alone with your own thoughts to rejuvenate.
Taking a break means fighting the temptations of checking your social media feed. However, the key is to keep yourself busy with something productive. If you have an iPhone, you can check your most-used apps and average screen time in your phone’s settings. Go to “Settings” and tap “Screen Time.” Tap on your phone’s name to view your most-used apps, how often you pick up your phone, and even how many notifications you receive per app. Based on that data, decide how you want to proceed with you detox.
We are always itching to check your phone no matter the situation or occasion. It can be difficult to get out of the cycle, but a complete break on a digital detox creates the perfect circumstances to finally give up this bad habit.
Break up with your phone, and don’t be afraid to disconnect this holiday season.
Here are our 5 tips you can try for your social media detox:
1. Reduce your screen time, and increase your time spent doing activities without your phone. Try creative activities to spark some inner child – you’ve got to let them out once in a while!
2. Work on your 2022 journal, create a mini vision board with old magazines, cutouts and some good old glue. Some people even create pinterest boards – Defeats the purpose but you get the point here.
3. Take a walk or exercise listen to a Spotify/Apple podcast about something that interests your or you have been wanting to learn more about.
4. READ. Read a book about self-development, self-care, growth, mindset, if fact anything to help you wind down from the social media buzz. If that too’s much, visit a local bookstore or check the Best Seller lists to see what book you can read.
5. If you get bored and feel the urge to be on social media, try the above first. Keep you screen time to less than 15 minutes, after that you are doom scrolling.Whether you prefer to surf or scroll for your doom, don’t feel you need to take it in all at once. After all, tomorrow is another day.
Are you ready to work on Building your Brand?
We help our students build the foundation of their online brand so they can confidently respond and show up!
From January 2022 our NEW mini- course BRAND BUILDER will be unlocked. If you ARE a self-starter who aspires to build your brand on social media in 2022 secure your spot at www.zeloiacademy.co.zaTooltip content